Charter Fishing in the San Juans
- The best fishing trips are well planned trips.
- Fishing Licenses are available aboard the boat for US waters.
- All gear is provided.
- Bareboat charter's also available.
- Minimum 3 hours
Bottom Fishing Rates
23 ft Boat
- "The Kodiak" or "The Sun Runner"
- Best for 2-4 fishermen
- $125 per hour for boat and captain
26 ft boat
- “The Loki” or "The Yellow Eye"
- Best for 4 to 6 fishermen
- 175 per hour for boat and captain
30 ft Boat
- "The Triton"
- Best for 6 or more fishermen
- $225 per hour for boat and captain
38 ft Boat
- "Blackfish II"
- For up to 14 fishermen
- $500 per hour for boat and captain
Salmon Fishing Trips:
We are proud to now offer Salmon charters to those fishermen after that elusive 30 lbs King. We offer roughly 5-6 hour Salmon charters from July to October and December thru April. Blackmouth are the target of out winter fishery and during the summer we can get silver, kings and silver salmon. Salmon fishing requires a longer run to get to the best fishing locations. Sometimes we head out almost 40 miles to get to the best spots. Salmon fishing is more hit and miss than bottom fishing. The pay off is big but patience is necessary. For that reason it is not recommended for young children or for first time fishermen. During July and August advanced reservations are highly recommended.
Salmon Charter Rates:
- Salmon charters rates are by the person.
- Each Person is $240
- We take up to 6 people per boat.
- We have two boats available.
- So we can take groups of up to 12 people.
- The private boat rate is $1250.
We have a 24 ft and a 30 ft custom cabin cruiser that we use for salmon charters. These boats are fully equipped with downriggers, electronic. Both boats have restrooms.
More General Info:
Our Vessels are moored in Eastsound on Orcas Island. So you can stay on Orcas Island and go fishing or skip the ferry ride and let us pick you up. You can start your fishing trip in Bellingham, Anacortes or any of The San Juan Islands such as Orcas Island, Lopez Island or San Juan Island. The San Juan Islands are one of the most beautiful fishing destinations in Washington.
Call for information on what fish we can keep and what fish we have to release. For a portion of the season we mainly do catch and release fishing.
- Shrimp and Halibut are open in May.
- Ling Cod Season is May 1st to June 15th.
- Salmon Season is July 1st to October 30 and then November 1st to April 30th.
- Crabbing Season is July 15th to September 30th.
- Bottom Fishing is open year-round.
Outer Island Expeditions
POB 653, Eastsound, WA 98245
Office (360) 376-3711
Boat (360) 622-6562